EMBRACING YOUR PERSONAL NARRATIVE: Finding Your Authentic Voice for Personal and Career Growth
An online in-person 4-hour workshop that helps you take control post COVID-19. Deep dive and learn why the narrative you tell yourself and others matter, how to align who you are with what you do, and how to share your unique story in a way that is true and authentic to yourself.
Choose between and group or 1-on-1 workshop via Zoom where Lisa and Mei will share and teach the power of crafting your own narrative – how taking hold of your life story and owning it, can propel you towards greater growth.
+ Who Should Join Us
- Moms who are going back into the workforce
- Small business owners
- Team leaders
- Recently unemployed
- Digital nomads
- You. Anyone who is taking charge of their own life, and taking this leap of faith to make a big personal shift.
+ What it Costs
- Intensive: Group session (with strangers, min of 3pax) at our specified time
USD350 | SGD500 | RM1500 each
- Private Group: Sign up with TWO friends at a time convenient to you (at a special package price)
USD670 | SGD950 | RM2900
- Exclusive: 1-on-1 at a time convenient to you
USD990 | SGD1420 | RM4300
+ How You’ll Benefit
- Understanding why stories – good and bad – matter.
- An understanding of how to find your narrative – your powerful unique story, and how to share it with honesty and authenticity.
- Origin story brainstorm.
- A 300-word narrative that aligns your story with your values, goals and vision.
- A narrative that highlights your strengths and opportunities.
- Learn how to build connections, deepen relationships and continue the conversation in an authentic way.
- Ownership of who you are, what you do, and why you do it.
- Confidence in both the content and delivery of your story.
- A guide to having an Elevator Pitch that you will be proud to share.
- The Storytelling Cheat Sheet
+ How this Works
- Embracing Your Personal Narrative Workshop approach relies on Lisa’s background as a journalist and a writer of over 10 years, where she has written and driven the narrative of countless people and organisations. Now, she would like to share that experience with you, to help you build and incorporate your personal narrative into how you communicate, in a way that is authentic and honest.
- Choose the option you want: Intensive, Private Group or Exclusive 1-on-1.
Note: For you to reap maximum benefits, you have to come with an open mindset, ready to be vulnerable, willing to share and participate. This is a live workshop, not a pre-recorded webinar!
+ My Story
FROM MWKA Technologies Content Strategist + Editorial Head, Lisa Goh:
It was the end of a long work-day, many years ago, when I was an intern at a national newspaper in Malaysia. The newsroom received a call that a train had derailed and crashed in Seremban, a neighbouring town. My news editor called everyone up, and sent us out in teams to cover the story. I was sent with a senior reporter to interview crash victims and their loved ones at the local hospital.
It felt like a scene out of a movie – ambulances with blaring sirens, rushing the victims in. Families of loved ones, their faces crumpled with fear and worry, thronged outside. Till today, I remember the fear of having to speak to strangers who were in a moment of extreme emotional vulnerability. What could I say? How could I bridge that gap to reach out to them and still be able to do my job ?
About 10 years on, and I have left journalism to focus on being a mom. I love being present with my children in their early and formative years. I love having the time to journey with them as they explore their little big world, even with all the tears and fears that come with being a newbie parent. Motherhood changes you, for better and for worse.
Over time, my gut told me it was time to refocus on me. To nurture a different side of me that had been sitting dormant for years. It was time to head back into the workforce, but it wasn’t easy. I had been out of it for six years. I was full of self-doubt, and my impostor syndrome was at an all-time high. Could I go back? Would I make it back?
It was then that I met an old friend who gave me some very sage advice: “It wasn’t that you stopped working. You were just doing a different type of work.” It was a lightbulb moment, and that changed my perspective entirely.
Today, I’m the Content Strategist and Editorial Head of MWKA Tech. This was my story all along – whether I was a rookie reporter, a feature writer, a mom, a content strategist – every part of it has shaped me to be who I am today. The only difference was what and who I chose to focus my time and energy on. The road getting to where I am today has not been easy, but it is my story. One that is full of highlights, lowlights and a whole tapestry of colours weaved into it. What’s yours?
FROM MWKA Technologies Co-Founder, Mei Lum:
I’ve known Lisa for a long time. As a girl, I would find her nose-deep in books at the library. Since she joined “The Star” as a journalist back in 2005, the largest English news agency in Malaysia, I often read her pieces on human rights, gender equality, work-life balance driving awareness in the community. Oftentimes, she interviewed people and lent them her resources to tell their stories. I’m grateful that she has now decided to share her expertise with our clients and the rest of the world.
We hold TWO sessions per month. Now taking registrations for May, June and July.